BOOST YOUR EMPLOYEES’ IT SKILLS AND YOUR BOTTOM LINE!
Incumbent worker training programs provide funding assistance to employers to upgrade the skills of their current employees, thereby enhancing their expertise and making their business more competitive. The Incumbent Worker Training Initiative of Northern Virginia focuses on industry-recognized credentials in Information Technology (IT) and Cyber Security to ensure your company and employees are top notch in this dynamic field.
Employers must provide a minimum matching contribution to this Incumbent Worker Training Initiative. The Initiative will fund:
- 90% of the cost, for employers with not more than 50 employees;
- 75% of the cost, for employers with 51-100 employees; and
- 50% of the cost, for employers with more than 100 employees.
- Employer completes Incumbent Worker Application, including quote for services.
- Applications are then presented to the Council’s Executive Committee for eligibility, appropriateness, and approval.
- Upon approval, a contract and purchase order will be provided to the employer for signature. Once signed, the employer may enter into agreement with the Northern Virginia Community College for the training services. The employer pays 100% of the cost of the training services, text books, and certification fees.
- Once the employees have received their certifications, the employer can submit the invoice for reimbursement for a portion of the actual training expenses. The Council will not reimburse employers for employees who do not complete the training and/or fail to pass the certification test.
- Employer will be reimbursed 30 days after final paperwork is successfully submitted.
Available Certifications Courses & Exams
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- CompTIA® A+
- CompTIA® Security+
- CompTIA® Network+
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Interested? Please Contact:
David Remick at 703.228.1412 or firstname.lastname@example.org