Alexandria/Arlington Regional Workforce Council will reimburse local companies for their full-time, permanent staff who participate in technology certification programs. Certification programs that the Council will fund include, but are not limited to:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library Certification (ITIL)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (C/EH)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- Participating companies must be less than 250 employees, have an office located in or planned to locate in Northern Virginia.
- The training must be a business necessity that will enhance the company’s ability to compete in the economy, expand present markets, and help ensure the permanency of the business in Northern Virginia.
Funding covers the costs of training, as well as the fees for certification exams and textbooks, as follows:
- 90% of the cost for employers with not more than 50 employees;
- 75% of the cost for employers with 51-100 employees; and
- 50% of the cost for employers with more than 100 employees.
- Employer completes program application, including quote for services (from an approved training provider, text books from Amazon.com, and the certification fees from testing centers), Employee Participation Spreadsheet, W-9 Form, and Supplier Form. The employer must also provide a copy of their business license, DUNS number, and copies of the participating employees’ Driver’s License, Social Security Card, and Selective Service Card. A copy of an employee’s I-9 Form can be used as a substitute for their Social Security Card and Driver’s License. All completed forms and documents should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon Council’s approval, a contract and purchase order will be provided to the employer for signature. Once signed, the employer may enter into agreement with the training provider for the educational services. The employer pays 100% of the cost of the training services, text books, and certification fees.
- Once the employees have received their certifications, the employer can submit the invoice for reimbursement for a portion of the actual training expenses (50% – 90%) to email@example.com. The invoice must reference the contract and purchase order as well as include copies of the employees’ certification. The Council will not reimburse employers for employees who do not complete the training and/or fail to pass the certification test.
- Employer will be reimbursed 30 days after final paperwork is successfully submitted.
- The Council will check-in with employer every quarter for a year after the employees earn their certifications to determine if they a) are still employed with the company, b) have been promoted, and c) have earned a raise.
Interested? Please Contact:
David Remick at 703.228.1412 or firstname.lastname@example.org