There are over 37,000 information technology & cyber security jobs available in the DC Metro TODAY.
Together, GO Northern Virginia, Alexandria City, and Arlington County are committed to contributing to the growth of Northern Virginia’s technology workforce. The GOVA Tech-Talent Pipeline Scholarship Program provides grants to pay for Information Technology and Information Security training and certification programs. The training and certification programs that the program will fund include, but are not limited to:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library Certification (ITIL)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (C/EH)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+
- Must live in Virginia (priority given to Alexandria City and Arlington County residents).
- Must be unemployed or underemployed.
- Proof of ability to legally work in the United States.
- Male United States citizens and male non-citizens who are legally living in the United States who were born after December 31, 1959 are required to show proof that they are registered with Selective Service.
- Proof of annual income.
- Must demonstrated interest and aptitude for Information Technology/Information Security occupations (priority given to candidates who have past Information Technology/Information Security education and/or experience).
A limited number of scholarships are available and the individual maximum grant is $3,500 per person. This program will expire on September 2020 or when funding is depleted. Scholarship recipients must take the necessary steps to complete their training and certification exam.
To Learn More
Living in Alexandria City? Contact Linda Gilmore at (703) 746-6084
Living in Arlington? Contact Amy Seales at (703) 228-1441