The Alexandria/Arlington Workforce System envisions a region where every business has access to a qualified, job-ready workforce and every resident has the skills needed to connect with meaningful employment and advance in a career.
We help drive Alexandria City’s and Arlington County’s economic growth by implementing an effective and efficient workforce ecosystem that delivers innovative, integrated, data-driven products and services designed and aligned to meet the needs of businesses and job seekers. We hold ourselves accountable to the system’s goals and support high-impact outcomes.
- Increase business engagement in order to deliver value to our stakeholders.
- Achieve measurable skills development in our job seeking customers in the form of workforce credentials that matter to business.
- Fill jobs in demand occupations that show promise for long-term growth in industries that are strategic to Alexandria City’s and Arlington County’s economy and strengthen our region.
- Help individuals, including individuals with barriers, gain access to the middle class and demonstrate career progression.
- Ensure that workforce system public investments generate a quality return to Alexandria City and Arlington County and the customers we serve.