8:30 am-9:30 am
The Alexandria/Arlington Regional Workforce Council serves as the local Workforce Development Board under the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). The Council’s mission is to advance workforce development programs and initiatives that achieve sustainable economic growth in Alexandria City and Arlington County. We are a proud partner of Virginia Career Works and GoVirginia.
The Council is comprised of individuals representing business, economic development, housing and urban development, vocational rehabilitation, organized labor, and community-based organizations. Members of the Council are appointed by the Mayor of Alexandria City and the Arlington County Board Chair.
Virtual Meeting Guidance for Guest Attendees
- This meeting will take place as scheduled, at 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. via:
- The meeting will be livestreamed on MS Teams and the public will be able to participate in the meeting remotely.
- All guests entering the meeting will have their camera and microphone muted.
- The designated public comment period occurs at the end of this meeting, around 9:20 a.m. If you wish to provide public comment please contact David Remick at 703.228.1412 or Dremick@arlingtonva.us by February 10,2021 at 5pm EST.
- Those who have not registered in advance and would like to provide public comment can identify their intention to speak in the chat window or request the opportunity at the beginning of the meeting.
- When it is your turn to speak, a moderator will ask you to unmute yourself; each speaker will be given 2 minutes before being muted again.
- Participants who registered in advance will be allowed to speak first.