Who Qualifies for Rapid Response Layoff Services:
- Individuals laid-off or furloughed due to the reduction in air travel and associated industries;
- Individuals who reside in the Northern Virginia region (counties of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, and Arlington, and the cities within); and
- Those interested in building their skills for new employment opportunities.
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has greatly reduced air travel across the nation and regionally, affecting Ronald Reagan Washington National and Dulles International Airports. Affiliated industries and employers that are dependent on air travel, such as car rental companies, airport restaurants, airport stores, and adjacent hotels and lodging, have also been impacted.
Virginia Career Works (VCW) – Northern and the Alexandria/Arlington Regional Workforce Council can provide no-cost employment assistance to meet your unique needs.
Employment Assistance Services Include:
- FREE Job Training with Approved Training Providers
- Paid Work Experiences
- Career Coaching
- Resume Writing Assistance
- Job Readiness Workshops
- Online Job Fairs
- Virtual Training
- Financial Coaching
For more information, contact your closest representative:
City of Alexandria:
Michael D. Briscoe
Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William Counties: