The Work Opportunity Tax Credit is a Federal tax credit available to employers for hiring individuals from certain target groups who have consistently faced significant barriers to employment. Employers can hire eligible employees from the following target groups:
- Unemployed Veterans (including disabled veterans)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Recipients
- Food Stamp (SNAP) Recipients
- Designated Community Residents (living in Empowerment Zones or Rural Renewal Counties)
- Vocational Rehabilitation Referred Individuals
- Supplemental Security Income Recipients
- Summer Youth Employees (living in Empowerment Zones)
Click here for full eligibility criteria: Target_Group_Eligibility.
Additional information can be found at https://www.doleta.gov/business/incentives/opptax/eta_default.cfm or contact David Remick.