WIOA Eligible Training Providers List
To review the list of Council-approved WIOA Eligible Training Providers and their programs, visit the Virginia Workforce Connection.
You may also select a WIOA Eligible Training Provider that has been approved by another local workforce development board. Please note, the Alexandria/Arlington Regional Workforce Council does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any services available or unavailable from, or through, any of the Eligible Training Providers listed on this website. Should you have questions, contact either David Remick at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary Savoy-Baucum at email@example.com.
WIOA Training Providers Performance Ratings (For the period July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017)
|Provider/Program(s)||Program Completion & Certification Earned Performance Rate||Entered Training-Related Employment Rate||Average Wage at Placement|
|Center for Employment Training|
|Technology training in Microsoft Office Program||78%||14%||$13.35|
|Global Educational Institute|
|Nursing Assistant Training Program||86%||100%||$12.75|
|Personal Care Aide/Home Health Aide Program||100%||100%||$11.00|
|CPR/AED and First Aid Training Program||100%||100%||$11.00|
|La Cocina VA|
|Bilingual Culinary Arts Job Training Program||100%||78%||$13.48|
|Allied Healthcare Professional Program||96%||69%||$13.90|
|Professional Coder Program||100%||71%||$17.40|
|Electronic Health Records & Reimbursement Specialist||96%||59%||$14.75|
|Healthcare IT Technician Program||100%||67%||$18.08|
|Medical Billing Specialist Program||64%||56%||$12.00|
|Medical Front Office Administration Specialist Program||100%||100%||$11.75|
|Pharmacy Technician Specialist Program||100%||100%||$12.00|
|Medical Front Office and Electronic Health Records Program||71%||67%||$12.45|
|Electronic Health Records Specialist Program||80%||75%||$12.89|
|IT Help Desk Administrator Program||70%||69%||$17.50|
|PC Technician Program||100%||100%||$24.20|
|Spectrum Beauty Academy|
|Cosmetology Training Program||100%||50%||$35.00|
|Barbering Training Program||100%||93%||$25.00|
|Nail Technology Training Program||100%||100%||$30.00|
|Esthetics Training Program||100%||90%||$45.00|
|Master Esthetics Training Program||100%||100%||$45.00|
|Instructor Training Program||100%||100%||$26.00|
|Together We Bake|
|Cullinary Training Program||83%||80%||$9.00|
How to Apply to be Included on the WIOA Eligible Training Providers List
There are five categories of providers who may apply for consideration to be included on the WIOA Eligible Training Provider List:
- A postsecondary educational institution that is eligible to receive federal funds under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and that provides a program that leads to certification or license or college certificate, associate degree, or baccalaureate degree.
- A postsecondary school that offers formal instructional programs with curricula designed primarily for students who have completed the requirements for a high school diploma or its equivalent. Such schools include programs of academic-vocational, vocational, and continuing professional education that may lead to a certification or licensure. This category excludes a vocational and adult basic education programs.
- An entity that carries out related instruction under the National Apprenticeship Act that is recognized by the Virginia Department of Labor and Industry,
- A provider of a program of occupational training services that under Section 23-276.2 of the Code of Virginia is exempt from certification as a postsecondary school such as a professional or occupational training program regulated by another state or federal governmental agency other than the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia, any school, institute, or course of instruction offered by any trade association or any nonprofit affiliation of a trade association on subjects related to the trade, business, or profession represented by such association, or
- A provider of adult education and literacy activities under title II of WIOA, if these activities are provided in combination with occupational skills training.
Programs and Providers under categories 1 and 2 must provide evidence of active certification by the appropriate state agency to operate or must have program approval from an applicable state agency in order to be considered for approval by the Alexandria/Arlington Regional Workforce Council to offer training services to WIOA customers through the individual training account method.
Programs and providers under category 3 will be granted approval, if requested, following confirmation by the Virginia Department of Labor and Industry that the sponsoring employer and apprenticeship related instruction have been recognized by the state and are active and in good standing.
Programs and Providers under category 4 who are exempt from State Council of Higher Education for Virginia certification must provide evidence of active certification by an appropriate accreditation body in order to be considered for approval by the Alexandria/Arlington Regional Workforce Council to offer training services to WIOA customers through the individual training account method.
More information on provider requirements can be found here: VWL-16-06-Change-1-ETPL-7-13-2017Final.
Training providers applying for inclusion on the WIOA Eligible Training Providers List must complete both of the following applications:
- ETPL-VWL-16-06-Change-1Training-Provider-Application-Updated-7_13_2017: Fill out this application form to tell us about your organization. This form needs to be completely filled out.
- ETPL-Training-Program-Application2: Fill out a separate application form for each training program or occupational skills course of study that you would like included in the WIOA Eligible Training Providers List. This form needs to be completely filled out.
- Eligible Training Provider Renewal Form: Only approved WIOA Eligible Training Providers should complete this form in order to renew their status with the Alexandria/Arlington Regional Workforce Council.
- ADA Compliance Checklist: This form should be completed when filing for initial or renewal status with the Alexandria/Arlington Regional Workforce Council.